www.efreshglobal.com is a leading web portal and one stop
source of knowledge and information to all the stakeholders in the Food Supply Chain
starting from the farmer – Farm to Fork approach, an initiative supported by NABARD.
Journey Towards Success:
eFresh Launched Farmers Development Centers,a Center of Excellance for Agriculture,Food
Proccesing and Food safety at Guntur and Karimnagar.
- Stake holders are in need of information and knowledge within the exclusive domain,
which is until unavailable at a single platform.
- As the focus starts from the farmer, it has become a challenge for eFresh to address
the issues being faced by the poor farmersin receiving the knowledge on Good Agricultural
Practices, etc.., for increasing the income on sustainable model.eFresh addressing
the challenges faced by other stakeholders including large farmers through its web
- eFresh is conceived as a sustainable revenue model , comprises of revenue from subscriptions,
advertisements, trainings & consultancy services and income from Farmers Development
- Reaching and Teaching the farmers at their Door step through Rythu Ratham Programs
( Mobile VAN)
- Provision of Advisory Services to the Farmers – through Toll Free Number ( 1800
2666 208 ) Setting up of Farmers Development Centres in important crop production
Through eFresh Internet Platform (
- Internet based platforms are being increasingly used for dissemination of knowledge
and information. While India inching towards 13% internet penetration with about
160 million users, nearly 40% of the global population or 2.7 billion people are
already online in 2013 according to the International Tele communication Union.
India is the world’s third largest Internet user after China and the United States,Google
is by far the most popular search engine, accounting for 90 per cent of all searches
- The number of Internet users in India is expected to nearly triple from 125 million
in 2011 to 330 million by 2016 and this rise in Internet penetration will lead to
increase in digital influence on people's decisions.
- Government is speeding up broadband connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspots in 2.5 lakhs
Gram panchayats out of 6, 01,625 villages by 2014.
Why eFresh started this initiative?
- Considering the potential of the platform to reach millions of the users, eFresh
started its journey with focus on the stake holders within the exclusive domain
of food supply chain, which until now was unavailable in the market place.
Key Sections in the Portal:
- Market Linkage Platform - with visibility of Food
Safety certified Suppliers for organicand other Food Products
- Farm Machinery Info Bank -First of its kind in the
market place with Farm Machinery Info bank .
- Dairy - Knowledge on Dairy Farm Management, Processing
and other vital activities are covered.
- Tenders- “All Live commercial Tenders at One Place”
– In the Domain of Agriculture, Food Processing, Food Safety and Solar Energy
- Solar- First of its kind in the market place on Harnessing
Solar Energy for Agriculture, Household, etc..
- e-Learning Platform -First of its kind with globally
recognized Food Safety standards for Agriculture and Food Processing Sector
- Information on Daily Market Prices, Weather Reports, Govt. support schemes, New
Technologies, New crop varieties, Crops related sections, Crop insurance, Micro
Irrigation, Watershed Management, Plastic Mulching, NPM, Green Houses, Cold Storages,
Organic Farming, Success Stories of the Farmers, Procedures related to Exports and
Imports, Videos on Success stories of the farmers is provided in the platform.
Farmers Development Centers(FDC):
- To Reach the Farmers in Important Crop Production Centres.
- Conceived as an adjunct of eFresh to convert the vast e-Agricultural knowledge and
technology gathered through the eFresh web portal for dissemination of knowledge
- It is a One Stop Shop for the Farmers and all the Stake Holders in the Agri Supply
Chain with various facilities, services and retail sales related to agriculture
and food processing coming up in important crop production centers across India.
- As a first step two centers are opened in Andhra Pradesh – Guntur, Karimnagar and
progressively others centers will be covered in A.P and other states.
- Beneficiaries of eFresh platform include Farmers Clubs, Primary Agricultural Cooperative
Societies, NGOs, SHGs, Consumers
- Food Processors, and Farm Machinery Suppliers, other manufacturers including Solar
Energy Products, Suppliers of Inputs, Traders, Exporters and Importers.
“Get connected to eFresh and enhance your knowledge and business, become part
of Global Agri Supply Chain”
"We appreciate and value your feedback for enhancing the pleasure of being on
the eFresh Platform- Feedback link”
With Kind Regards